Oobr’s exclusive Elemental Safety System was engineered with front, rear and side impact protection in mind. Comprised of five structural safety elements, the Elemental Safety System systematically secures and protects your child.
- Belt Guides: Improves belt positioning on your child’s hips and shoulders.
- Energy-Absorbing Foam Layer: Absorbs energy in a side impact collision resulting in less force transferred directly to your child.
- Structural Headrest with Deep Side Wings: Connects to the magnesium frame using steel rods to reduce twisting movements and improve head protection in a collision.
- Magnesium Back Frame: Better contains the torso during a side impact collision and protects against vehicle intrusion.
- Rigid LATCH System: Locks the booster seat into place using your vehicle’s LATCH anchorage system to provide additional booster seat stability in a collision.
Oobr Safety Highlights
- Raises your child 4 in./10 cm. to improve in-vehicle shoulder belt fit
- Better positions the seat belt on the child’s hips to improve safety
- Locks into place to provide additional booster seat stability in a collision
- Confirms that latches are locked with an audible “click”
- Provides a secure connection even when booster seat is not occupied
- Meets all Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
- Rated a “Best-Bet” in 2009 and 2010 by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- Headrest: Adjustable headrest for custom fit as your child grows and padded side bolsters allow for comfortable naps
- Reclining Seat Back: Helps keep your child safe and comfortable when falling asleep in the car — Slide the seat forward using the Rigid LATCH system and the free-pivoting seat back provides up to 12 degrees of recline for sleeping comfort (recline mode is NOT available if using the seat unlatched)
- Soft-touch armrests for added comfort
Requirements (High Back and Backless Modes)
- Height: 40–57 in
- Weight: 40–100 lb
- Minimum Age: 4+ years recommended
Included: Oobr booster seat with warning labels attached, Oobr drink-thingy and Owner’s manual