The Supplemental Nursing System is an ideal way to administer supplemental nutrition to babies while they are being breastfed. The system supports the unique bonding between mom and baby, motivating both of them to keep moving towards a more satisfying breastfeeding experience. This can be achieved by allowing the baby to get any additional milk they require through the SNS while feeding at the breast.
The SNS is intended to enable moms to breastfeed when they would otherwise be unable to do so, and help the baby train their sucking behaviour. It offers the following advantages:
- It can be used by moms who have or think they have a low milk supply
- It helps to stimulate mom’s milk supply through direct sucking at the breast
- It can be used when there is a requirement for supplements in addition to breast milk
- It trains the baby to suck properly by creating a vacuum at the breast
This special feeding device helps to ensure that the baby is given supplemental nutrition whilst breastfeeding.
The container can be placed on the mom’s chest. Containers available in 80ml or 150ml.
Very thin, flexible tubes are fixed alongside the mom’s nipples. Tubes come in varying diameter for different flow rates depending on baby's development.
The device can be reused after it has been cleaned in accordance with the instructions for use.
- Enables moms to breastfeed when they would otherwise be unable to do so
- Helps to stimulate mom’s milk supply through direct sucking at the breast
- Trains the baby to suck properly by creating a vacuum at the breast
- Supports parental involvement
- Supports unique contact between mom and baby
- Allows adopted babies to be fed at the breast